Thursday 23 July 2015

I was shot in the head, but I survived – A’Ibom broadcaster, Sampson Akpan


Renowned Akwa Ibom broadcaster, Mr. Sampson Akpan, aka Politics Today, says that today, 23 July, 2015 marks four years of his “return to life after death”. He shares his story on Facebook, how he was shot on the head by unknown gunmen, along Ukana Ofot Street in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. The photo above shows Mr. Sampson Akpan after the gun attack. The story is touching. We publish it here unedited. Please read it after the cut……



Today July 23rd 2015 Mark 4yrs of my return to life after death when I was shot along Ukana ofot Street in Uyo, Akwa ibom state by unknown gunmen. I was on my way to to the late Obong Okon Uwah's house in Ewet housing estate for an interview from my office at the then Happy Phase Mall along Atiku Abubakar way. A motorcyclist blocked me with two heavyweight guys, one with AK47 another with a short automatic rifle I thought they were policemen but suddenly the one with AK47 smashed the wind shield of my car while the other with a police painted pistol placed it on my left jaw and commanded me to say my last prayer then I quickly remembered what our Lord Jesus said on the cross and I whispered "God forgive them, pls don't shoot me am a journalist" my friends the heartless men did not want to hear behold I was Shot in the head and the story went wild that I was dead but God revived me after 30mins. The men who rejected the one million I gave initially took it my soldier friend, Danjuma who was in front of the car and was ordered to lay flat never believed I was still alive. God brought the former CSO, to Obong Victor Attah he picked me up rushed to a hospital I will not like to mention here but the Doctor rejected me and that I will not make it. All glory to God for Hon. Donald Uko who then took me despite the blood to General Hospital ( Abacha). It was another apology here u all know what I mean, such that friends like MOSES Armstrong the Actor had to fight for me to be attended to, worst still there was no ENT surgeon in the state, Bishop Sam Akpan had to import one from calabar through my brother Eddie. To make it short, Senator Akpabio who was in Abuja when this happened had to direct the then SSG Obong Umanah to see how I can be flown abroad for effective treatment, people I was told by Eddie started serious prayer for my life. Senator Godswill Akpabio con, took up the responsibility through Dr. Essien now a commissioner in the ministry of environment, flew me out to one of the best hospitals in the world and today I am alive. May the Good Lord bless you and your family mightily not forgetting Senator Effiong Bob who gave one million, Mr. Don Etim half a million, Mr. Umanah half a million and those I may not mention may God bless you all. Today pls join me in prayers that the affliction shall not come to us again.

Mr. Sampson Akpan ..... as he is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment