Tuesday 30 May 2017

Gov. Udom’s aide marks birthday, recalls how God saved his life in Reigners Church collapse

Mr. Raphael Edem’s birthday was on Monday. Today, the respectable public speaker and special assistant to Governor Udom Emmanuel took to Facebook to write an emotional piece on how God saved his life last year during the Reigners’ Bible Church collapse.  Read the piece below, after the cut……

A few people might have seen me ask Imaobong Emmanuel Ekeng for this pic on more than one occasion. Why did I really want this pic?

But for the grace of God, this may have been the last pic of me on this earth. This pic was taken at her wedding on the 10th of December 2016. After taking the pic, I congratulated the couple and rushed off to Uyo village road where I had work waiting at the Reigners Church. The rest of the story is already well known. It pleased God to spare my life that day, and I am able to see another birthday, in good health, and in peace.
Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. I thank God for his mercies, and his blessings, unworthy though I am. I thank all the members of my family, especially my mother, for all her prayers and support.
I believe I have been blessed with the best wife a man could have asked for. Thank you so much my dear Andifon Raphael Edem for being my rock, my support, my peace, my everything. I will always love you. Thank you for being a model wife and an awesome mother to InimfonAbasi, IdiongomfonAbasi and KemfonAbasi.
I have an awesome mother-in-law in Immaculata Akpan. The only one who calls me, Ekpededeme, anie ikpi nno? (The only name with spaces, a comma and a question mark). Thank you very much mummy for always being there. And to my Father in law and all my in-laws Seno Akpan, Ekemini Akpan and Imaobong Inameti Akak. You guys are the best.
The outpouring of love and good wishes I received yesterday was overwhelming. I'm yet to recover from the feeling. From my boss' public acknowledgment of my modest efforts as part of the team that makes things move in his office, to the numerous messages and calls from all parts of the world, to the prayers and good wishes of so many people. I am humbled by this show of love. I thank everyone who remembered me on my birthday.
I am humbled by this experience, and I will strive to always be deserving of your friendship, and love, and comradeship. I pray that God should make his face shine continually on all of you.
Thank you friends, esosongo eti eti. May God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment