Thursday 7 March 2013

MEET Britain’s most tattooed man - he’s blown more than £20,000 on them including one on his EYEBALL

Tats crazy ... 80 per cent of his body is covered with ink
DAN JAMES / CATERS NEWS

Barmy Mathew Whelan loves tats so much he’s even legally changed his name to ’Body Art’.

And the 33-year-old former wrestler, from Birmingham, says when he dies he wants to leave his body to a museum.
He said: “I’ve got so much respect for the history of body modification.

“It’s an art and a culture and when a group of kids stare at me, I’ll talk to them and explain the history of it.
“People who do what I do treat their body like a temple. Like Christian’s have Jesus, we have our bodies.


“I’m fully aware of the risks involved. For my eyeball, I went to the opticians beforehand and got several opinions.
“When I die I want to leave my body to a museum or a member of my family.
“There’s someone in Canada who has already asked if he can have my skull to use as a paint pot.”


(Body Art )Mathew Whelan when he was still called Mathew before the tattoo's... as a schoolboy
DAN JAMES / CATERS NEWS

Body Art first wanted a tattoo aged nine after seeing his Dad’s and Uncle’s.But it wasn’t until he was 16 that he got his first - a British Bulldog with a blank scroll.
He’s now set up a non-profit organisation called Modify to help people with body modifications get jobs.
Body Art - who volunteers for the Liberal Democrats in his spare time - added: “I don’t see why someone should be discriminated against just because of the way they look, so I want to help those people as much as I can to find employment.”

Culled from: http://www.thesun.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment