Tuesday 11 June 2013

Frank Okon says he has escaped four attempts on his life because of his 2015 governorship ambition

Frank Okon

By Tobi Soniyi 

Ahead of the 2015 governorship election in Akwa Ibom State, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) aspirant, Mr. Frank Okon Daniel, has alleged that he has survived four assassination attempts.

Okon, in an interview with journalists in Abuja Monday, said he was not intimidated in any way in pursuing his gubernatorial ambition in the state.

“I think it is a ploy by my opponents to eliminate me before the 2015 general election but I refuse to be intimidated. I am a bona fide member of my party, PDP and in my state and I am eligible to run election to the highest position in the state and country. So, there is no way somebody would intimidate me,” Okon declared.

Okon, who was a PDP governorship aspirant in 2011, had challenged the election of the incumbent governor, Godswill Akpabio, at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
He had argued that Akpabio w was not eligible to contest and hold the office of the governor of Akwa Ibom State in 2011.


The high court however ruled against him. He had lodged an appeal at the Court of Appeal in Abuja.

He, however, stressed that his case at the appellate court against Akpabio would not stop him from contesting 2015 governorship election in the state.

“Being in court will not stop me from contesting governorship election in 2015. This is my long term ambition. I started this ambition in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and I am still on it.

“I was disenfranchised in the PDP 2011 primary election that is why I am in court. I want Akpabio to prove that he was cleared to contest that primary election. I also want the court of appeal to set aside the judgment of Justice Abdul Kafarati and hear the case as if it is a trial court”, Okon stated.

“I got an injunction to stop the PDP primary election of January 15, 2011 but because Akpabio was too powerful. He has all the powers, the political, military and presidential support so he could do anything”, he lamented.

 Culled from Thisday

4 comments:

  1. This man looks sick and definitely has nothing to offer. He needs medical and psychological attention. Indeed, from his looks, he badly needs to be rehabilitated from his poverty burnt face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Solomon Johnny11 June 2013 at 16:21

      Henry Odiong, this man does not look sick and definitely has so much to offer going by his high ranking globally in his chosen field. since he is not sick and emotionally perturbed, he needs no medical and psychological attention as you recommended. Being poor and in need of rehabilitation, I also disagree with you. he has other pictures that are rich in aesthetics. the choice of this one by the editor,I trust is because it matches well with his (Okon's) ordeal.

      Delete
    2. His ordeal indeed ... What a shame.

      Delete
    3. Tell Frank Okon to go and die. A runaway politician like him. Of what value does he think he is to Akwa Ibom?

      Delete