Tuesday 26 May 2015

Ime Umanah’s death: ‘I hold Akpabio responsible’ – Inibehe Effiong

Late Dr. Ime Umanah


By Nse Peter


Human rights activist and Convener of the Coalition of Human Rights Defenders (COHRD) in Nigeria, Mr. Inibehe Effiong says he is holding Governor Godswill Akpabio responsible for the death of Dr. Ime Umanah, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Akwa Ibom State who reportedly died, Monday, in a car crash.


Umanah is said to have been on his way back to Lagos from Uyo, the capital of Akwa Ibom State, when his car allegedly had an accident somewhere around Owerri, Imo State. He was in Uyo for a case of 'threat to life' brought against him by Godswill Akpabio.

“If Godswill Akpabio didn't institute the trump up charges against you, may be you wouldn't have had cause to embark on the journey that cost your life,” Inibehe Effiong said, Tuesday, on Facebook, while paying tribute to the late philanthropist and politician.
“If tears could bring someone back to life my tears would have brought you back to life. I have fought emotions but emotions have betrayed me helplessly. Daddy, as I always called you; why didn't you tell me when we spoke last Friday that you were going to depart this wicked world?
“I was supposed to be with you in court yesterday for continuation of hearing in the stupid, ungodly and malicious criminal charges instituted against you by the evil, demonic and monstrous emperor of Akwa Ibom State, the violent dictator that calls himself Godswill Akpabio, but I couldn't be by your side in court because of flight disruption caused by fuel scarcity.
“You were to me a father figure, elder brother, confidant and bosom friend. I can't believe I will not see and hear from you again. Each time we spoke, you always said God bless you- even on occasions that I should have been the one saying the appreciative prayers.
“I care not about whatever opinion your adversaries may hold about you, nobody in the history of Akwa Ibom State has invested so much time and resources towards the liberation of our State than you. You fought impunity to a standstill.
“Your love for the poor and down trodden was unprecedented. I cherish every moment we spent together whether in Lagos or Akwa Ibom State.”


9 comments:

  1. Goodbye my oldest friend. May you rest in perfect peace at the bosom of the Lord where there will be no more death, sorrow nor pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not also accused those who caused the fuel scarcity that probably compelled the wealthy businessman to travel by road? I'd have expected the chief to own a private jet and avoid the more hazardous road travels! For one thing,Mr Effiong's emotion has gone wild and unreasonable! May Umanah's soul rest in peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just like that we lost another earlder state man. Is high time we put and end to this madness

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart has been sorrowful since I received this sad news, I have known this departed humble man from my childhood, when I use to pass through his house to primary school and his shop in the 70 s back from school, how he so identified with me for bearing a surname as his, and drew him closer to my parents too... he always use to throw one joke or the other at me as he used to do when I was growing up. May the evil that is taking our loved and great ones expire this year in Jesus name, Amen. Dr. Ime Umana, may the Lord grant your soul eternal rest in heaven. R.I.P Giles Umana

    ReplyDelete
  5. may God deal with Godswil akpabio, may he eat of the fruit of his own wickedness

    ReplyDelete
  6. Governor Akpabio will know no peace until he confesses and repents, what an evil governor, may there never be another like him. may his rain of bloodshed come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dear Doctor, when I heard about what happened, I immediately went into a state of confusion. it should not be you Sir. Your gentle, kind, humble nature was always worthy of emulation. You are someone that comes one in a millennium. I can attest to the fact that your philanthropic ways are not only felt in Nigeria, but across the globe. Never Ever have I seen a human being so kind. Doctor perhaps kindness should have been your name Sir. You touched so, many lives in positive ways. You mark Sir in this world, is indelible. Your name shall be written in the sands of time. It is not news, that you had a heart of gold. When God made you, he broke the mould. Sir may God bless you always, for the love that you showed to all that knew you and those that did not. Ufan Ndito Ubuene.May God Bless Bless You Always. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodbye my friend .. may your soul rest in peace... Im still in shock

    ReplyDelete